8 lessons on planning, creating, and marketing your cookbook.
Lesson 1: Planning your Cookbook
- How to write a cookbook proposal.
- Researching other cookbooks.
- What makes you unique?
- Who is your audience?
- How to use WeTypeIt.
Lesson 2: Building your Audience & Marketing your cookbook
- Build your audience (using existing & building new channels).
- What are your best channels?
- Where can you sell using CreateMyCookbook?
- Tips for pre-selling.
Lesson 3: Voice & Tone: What is your story?
- Giving your cookbook a voice and tone.
- Different ways to incorporate stories into your cookbook.
- Tips for giving your cookbook a title.
- Fun ways to title your chapters.
- How to enter story pages, about the author and dedication.
Lesson 4: Design Work: Part 1 - It is all about that cover!
- Tips for creating a cover that sells.
- Demo: Tips for designing section dividers.
Lesson 5: Design Work: Part 2 - Photography
- Pros & Cons of Hiring a Professional.
- Tips for DIY photography.
Lesson 6: Ordering your proof
- How to review and order a proof.
Lesson 7: Setting up your store page
- How to set up your store page.
- Tracking your sales and getting paid.
Lesson 8: Opening up shop: Kick off party!
- Tips for having a kickoff party and creating buzz.
- Partnering with local shops, restaurants & libraries.